The farms history
Trøjsel is one of the old farms in the area southeast of Kolding known as “the eight parishes”. The name originates from 1864, when the border between Denmark and Germany was moved north after the Danish defeat in Dybbøl. The border was placed just south of the scenic and from older times wealthy parishes.
The name of our farm originates from a medieval castle, which was situated a few hundred metres south of the farm. The present buildings are from the mid 19th century – a time when most of the area’s bigger farms where build.
It was at this time the Juhl-family came to Trøjsel. Today the fifth generation lives on the farm.